Wednesday, November 28, 2007

REFRIGERATOR BROKEN!!!

Yes indeed! Believe it! I had the honor of moving everything in the freezer part of our refrigerator to the church and most of the refrigerated stuff into a cooler with ice in it over Thanksgiving.

When mom got home, she was upset with me because I think she was expecting the freezer and refrigerator to be completely empty and everything moved. While I did not remove some minor things that needed to stay cool like a few bottles of salad dressing, a bottle of mayo and ketchup...ya know stuff like that, most of the important on a need to be cool basis stuff was removed. Other stuff that remained in there were her apples, oranges, candy...you know...stuff that did not necessarily need to stay cool but I suppose I should have known better. I think it would have been better for me if I just traveled during Thanksgiving, have the refrigerator break down while everyone was gone, and come back to disinfect it. At least I wouldn't have been blamed for anything...maybe...

Anyways, for those interested, a "refrigerator mechanic" came to look at it and discovered the problem. A broken relay switch. He had it fixed in less then half an hour.

5 comments:

Carroll said...

Wow. At least you caught it before your house smelled like there was a dead body buried in the wall...

83rocketscientist said...

Yeah...but if that happened...it's not like this we don't have experience cleaning out these things! Once, our big freezer stopped working while we were down in Flordia for Christmas! Cleaning that out was loads of fun!

babyarnie said...

Poor Brian! You should have spent Thanksgiving with us. I had no idea you were alone!! And for what it's worth, I'm sure you did a great job saving the important stuff. It could have been worse.... it could have been like that infamous trip to Florida and the dead body smell...and the gas masks....!

babyarnie said...

PS. That is a gross picture. Tell me it didn't come out of the fridge.

83rocketscientist said...

No...actually, that picture was take from Hurricane Katrina.

What is odd is that our refrigerator has broken AGAIN! At least mom is here and will know what to do!