Sunday, December 21, 2008

You never know how the Lord is working....

I had a very good conversation with Mr. Bob (CEF Director) the other day I thought I would share with you all!

I remember before I started working with CEF, I was thinking that I had not really done much in my life to share the Gospel of Jesus with other people. The Lord convicted me of this, and I asked the Lord if he would show me a ministry I could get involved in. I remember one day getting a call from Mr. Bob asking if I was interested in helping him...that is how I got involved with CEF!

The other day, I got to talk to Mr. Bob about what his thoughts were when he called me and asked me if I wanted to be a missionary! See, I had always thought Mr. Bob was just a bold person in general! This is a guy, after all, who has gotten free food at the state fair, got free gas, got me a free compressor and compressor mount to fix my car....basically, Mr. Bob never has a problem asking anyone for anything! Surely, he would have no problem calling up someone he had not seen in about 8 years and asking them to be a missionary with CEF! Mr. Bob actually was a bit nervous the first time he called me! He only called me because he found my phone number somewhere and the Lord told him to call me and ask me to work with CEF! Is it not cool how God had things planned out for the both of us?

I think the biggest blessing CEF has given me is to see the Lord working, especially when he uses you to do something amazing! Sometimes, you see the Lord using you immediately; other times, you find out how you made a difference in someone's life years afterwards. All I can say is that God is great, not just in 2008! :D

3 comments:

Diana said...

Well, what did you respond?!

83rocketscientist said...

When he called, I agreed to work with him!

babyarnie said...

Yes Brian, you are indeed a blessing. We are going to miss you greatly.