Thursday, January 1, 2009

Moving Announcement

I just wanted to make an official post on my blog that I will be moving this month to take a job using finite difference and finite element methods to predict material response. I will help verify the results from these mathematical models by doing some experimental testing.

I have included the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by Whiteheart:

I feel the chill of Autumn's wind
seasons changing once again
And every moment's best,
still one moment less we spend
Together my friend
I can't hold back these tears in my eyes
this time I won't even try
For time has come and gone,
now we must move on
I'll admit I don't know why

Chorus:Now we must say good-bye
to find our road ahead
Destiny leads us on to another place
but I'll meet you there someday

We chase the future into past
only to find it never lasts
And by the time it's gone,
the pain is so strong in the end
But listen my friend
Although we've lost what was before
forever will bring us the chance once more
And in that time we'll see,
what was meant to be
A special moment to cherish for all of our lives
and we'll know in time

Chorus:Why we must say good-bye
to find our road ahead
Destiny leads us on to another place
but I'll meet you there
From the lives we all leave behind
we find there's much more ahead
The Father will lead us on to a better place
And I'll meet you there someday
I'll meet you there someday
I'll meet you there someday.

5 comments:

Wandering Family said...

Brian, I'm so sorry you're moving! We'll miss you SO much ... OK, so we'll see you just as much as we do now, but I'm sure the Fuquay crowd will miss you, anyways.

Good luck in the new job. We'll be thinking of you as you find a new family community to be a part of, place to live, etc.

babyarnie said...

OK thanks for the very SAD song. We'll miss you more than words. I hope you have your SKYPE ready to do long distance Sunday school teaching.

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachael said...

Becky is packing her bags. I told my dad about giving her a bath and he said you have to skype him before you do it. That cat won't even go off the porch if it drizzles.

kareng said...

We are going to miss you and your chuckle in the back of the church! Praying your trip is uneventful and everything is easily unloaded. Have fun being a cat owner. Let her know who's boss or she will!