Thursday, May 15, 2008

Why do people always remember who I am?

Ok...this post is going to be a wierd one...but who cares...I am overdue for another post anyways!

I seriously want to know why people remember who I am? I am asking this here because I suspect some of you guys create a pretty memorable first impression as well...and people never forget you! Does are sheltered past really stick out like a sore thumb that much? :)

Anyways, I asked my sister this question! She said that people always remember someone who always avoids eye contact and talks with a very monotone voice! NICE!

I then told her about a recent trip to the pharmacy! Those people always remember who I am! I only visit them about once every two months or something like that and my face, one would think, would be lost in the sea of eldely people they see at least every two weeks!

So here I will redeem my sister some! She then told me that people always remember someone who is tall and handsome! All I am going to say about that is I know my siblings give me a lot more credit in the "looks" department then I deserve!

So I put forth the question: are you guys suprised at how people can always remember who you are? If you are, why do you think this is the case?

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

No, not really,I'm not as surprised at how much people remember me as much as how much I remember them...wait did that make any sense? Oh well. =]

83rocketscientist said...

Actually..it does. I am terrible at remembering people! Mabe that is part of the problem...most people remember others better then myself!

babyarnie said...

I too have the curse of USUALLY remembering everyone I meet and if not their name then their pets name :) Mike gets so sick of the stories I can tell about people's pets.

Amy Glendinning said...

A girl at Starbucks knew who I was and what I would order after I had been there once a week three weeks in a row. Pretty amazing if you ask me!

kareng said...

I am with Martha on this one, only I remember so called "trivia" about someone and there family, job, life. Just ask your mom. Names not so easy!

kareng said...

sorry, I meant their not there

Carroll said...

I good at faces and email addresses. Names, not so much. Kinda interesting when I call clients the wrong names...

Rachael said...

The people at the post office remember me. I don't even have to show i.d. anymore. They call me by my first name and some of them I've NEVER seen before. Kind of freaks me out.